Because I had a bunch of almonds that needed to be used, I created this variation of the popular oatmeal cookie. If you are not found of almonds you can leave them out or substitute your favorite nut.
Ginny’s Oatmeal-Raisin Almond Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup raisins
½ cup chopped almonds (if desired)
- In medium size bowl, Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer combine butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla and almond extract and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the flour mixture to creamed mixture just until no flour is visible. Do not over stir or cookie dough will get tough.
- Mix in oats, raisins and nuts (if desired) just until combined.
- Cover bowl and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Scoop out about 1 teaspoon of dough and roll into a balls. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until set. Let cool on cookie trays about 5 minutes then move to cooling racks to cool completely.