These are my daughter’s favorite. They start with yesterday’s Double-Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Cookies recipe but you add a chocolate covered marshmallow surprise.
Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies
1 batch Double-Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Cookies dough from recipe (recipe also included in the PDF download below)
12-18 large marshmallows, cut in half (the number of marshmallows will depend on the number of cookies you make from the Double-Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Cookie dough)
1 cup milk chocolate chips (6oz)
⅓ cup whipping cream
1 tsp butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare Double-Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Cookies dough as per recipe.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until cookies are almost set. Remove from oven and immediately press marshmallow half, cut side down, on top of the cookie. Bake about 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to soften. Cool a few minutes on cookie sheet then remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Add the whipping cream, butter, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread frosting over each cooled cookie, covering marshmallow. I usually just drizzle the frosting over the marshmallow, spreading it around with the back of the spoon. Let stand until frosting is set. Enjoy!!!
Download a PDF of this recipe here. Please note that the Double-Chocolate Chocolate-Chip recipe is also included in the PDF for your convenience.