My friend Jennifer over at For Such A Time As This gave me this award a week or so ago and I humbly accept it.
Here are the rules regarding this award:
In accepting this award I need to do the following:
Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
Share ten honest things about myself.
Present this award to seven others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
Tell those seven people that they have been awarded the Honest Scrap and inform them of the guidelines for receiving their award.
So here are my 10 honest things about myself in no particular order of importance.
1. I don’t like to follow recipes. I always seem to add my own touches to them and don’t seem to stick to the measurements.
2. And speaking of cooking, I really dislike the whole thing. I don’t like trying to figure out what to make for meals. But I really love to bake.
3. I totally love homeschooling, homemaking and being a wife. There is no better calling in my opinion.
4. I am outrageously tenderhearted. I am moved to tears during sentimental movies. I have even been known to cry over sappy TV show episodes and commercials. (Have you seen the ASPCA commercial that Sarah McLachlan does? I have to change the channel.)
5. I have very few people that I call friend. I have loads of acquaintances, but very few true friends.
6. I really love my job and all the opportunities that have come my way over the past three years.
7. I love cold sheets and flip my pillow often at night for the coolness. But I don’t like to be cold. Go figure.
8. I don’t like to shop. I try to do what I need as quick as I can to get it over with.
9. I very rarely wear make-up because to me it’s too much work, but when I do I love the way I look. But then again, even though I thoroughly remove it, you can bet I will have a zit in a few days.
10. I feel so guilty that I don’t make the time to swing by all my blogger buddies blogs to leave comments. I usually try to stay caught up using the RSS.
So how’s that for coming clean?
Now I need to pick 7 blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me. That’s a hard one because I love all the blogs I read. So to narrow it down to 7 was really hard.
Dawn over at my4sweetums. She always encourages me by sharing her ups and downs of life at her home. She inspires me with her creativity and how she homeschools her children. She is an awesome lady whom I admire greatly.
Heidi at Reviews by Heidi. My dear friend Heidi always has the most interesting posts both about the books she reviews and about her life. I especially enjoy her destination Disney meme. And she is always coming up with great finds. This girl is amazing. I have no idea how she does it all.
Anne-Marie at Song of the Sagebrush. Ann-Marie writes the loveliest poetry and allows me to have a glimpse into life on a ranch. She is ever so encouraging to me and I love reading about her family adventures on the farm.
Kellie Ann at The Pirate Mom Dot Com. I absolutely love the down-to-earth humor Kellie uses in her posts. She tells it like it is no holds barred and it usually is a hoot. Her blog is a great pick me up for any day.
Carol at School in ‘R Home. She always has something fun and wonderful to share on her blog. Her posts are always colorful and as full of life as I bet her homeschool is. She is so clever.
Bridget at purity seekers — psalm 119:140. To me this is homemaker extraordinaire. I enjoy reading the recipes she shares and all her crafty posts. And her tales of raising her children are warm and lovely.
And last but certainly not least, is Leah, who has two blogs I love to follow, Good Reads and The Courtney Six. On Good Reads she gives her honest opinion on various books that she has read and on The Courtney Six she shares her life with her readers. I so appreciate her candor and honesty.
Thank you again Jennifer for passing this award on to me.