I had planned on sharing a different recipe today, but, as sometimes happens, the recipe I put together just did not work out the way that I had planned and I did not have time to experiment to perfect it. So I thought I would just share the simple, basic chocolate chip cookie recipe that we have been using as long as I can remember.
Basic Chocolate Chip Cookies
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375.
- Mix sugars, butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake until light brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet
Variations: Change the type of chips you add to your batter or add ½ cup nuts.