Well here we are at the last week of the Many Little Blessings and iHomeschoolNetwork.com “10 in 10” series. It has been great fun getting to know other homeschoolers through this series. This week we are supposed to talk about “10 things about me that you should know”. With a topic like that you would think I could find some profound deep dark secrets that I would share, but I am a pretty transparent person so I just thought I’d list a few random things that you may not already know about me.
- I was raised Catholic, joined in marriage to a Baptist by a Presbyterian minister, currently attend a Methodist church but consider myself a non-denominational Christian.
- I was born in Zaragoza, Spain. My father was stationed there while serving in the Air Force.
- I have an attic full of things from my children’s childhoods that I am saving for when they have children of their own.
- Even though I was an “A” student academically in school, I often received “D”s and “F”s in conduct. (I was a very strong-willed child and hyperactive).
- I am often teased by my family because I like to sort things. I admit that I am probably a little OCD about it. For example I sort M&Ms by color, chips by size, clothing by color and style (long/short etc…), and at one time even sorted a 20 gallon tub of my oldest son’s giant collection of Legos by color, size, and shape(though they did not remain sorted for long).
- I do not like to shop but I especially hate shoe shopping. I can never seem to find a comfortable pair of shoes so I tend to either be barefooted or wearing flip-flops.
- I am a memory pack-rat. I have held onto things like my Christening gown and wedding dress, birthday cards from my childhood, ticket stubs and trinkets from my teen years, old journals, an autograph dog from the 70’s that my family and friends had signed, the cast my now 26-year old son wore when he was a baby to straighten his feet, newspapers from each of the days my children were born, and even my children’s baby teeth. I even still have several dolls from my childhood, including one that survived a fire. I also have separate memory boxes for each member of my family for them to add whatever they want to hang onto for their memories.
- I would rather clean the bathroom than do the dishes.
- Much to my children’s chagrin, I have been known to sing along with the music playing in stores. I tell them, though, that I sing because I am happy and that when I am gone from their lives they will remember that their mom was crazy and loved life.
- I will talk to just about anyone as if I have known them all my life. There was a time when we were in a checkout line and a woman was talking about her departed husband. We got to talking and by the end of the brief conversation I just had to give her a hug. My children were shocked but I explained that sometimes God just moves you beyond words to action and you had better move.
Hopefully you haven’t notified the folks in the white coats after finding out some of my oddities. What is something you think I should know about you?