This week’s theme for the “10 in 10” series from Many Little Blessings and iHomeschoolNetwork.com is ‘10 reasons my kids like being homeschooled’. I asked my kids to each give me 5 reasons why they like to homeschool. They actually had a hard time coming up with different answers because for the most part they don’t know the alternative to homeschooling life except for what they have heard.
My 15 year old daughter’s reasons:
- More attention
- Learn things we actually like to learn about
- Get to take breaks
- Better able to concentrate without distractions
- Spend time with family
My 18 year old (recently graduated) son’s reasons:
- More attention to detail in what I want to do
- Get to sleep in the mornings if I need to
- Able to work at a job with flexible hours outside of school
- Able to explore my creativity
- More one on one help.
I am looking forward to hearing what your kids like about being homeschooled.